MonetizationEvent DOM events provide information about payments sent to WM receivers.
monetization event fires when a WM agent successfully creates an outgoing payment request at the WM provider. There’s no guarantee that any payments will follow or, if they do, how often or how large the payments will be.
By listening for
monetization events, you can use the returned details to verify the receipt of a payment. You can then choose to have the page programmatically respond to successful payments. For example, you could remove ads or provide access to exclusive content.
|Event handler property||onmonetization|
- amountSent - Returns the amount and currency code of the sent payment
- incomingPayment - Returns the incoming payment URL
- paymentPointer - A URL representing the payment pointer endpoint
- amount - An integer amount delivered by an Interledger packet
- assetCode - A string representing the currency code of the received amount
- assetScale - The scale of the received amount
- receipt - The base-64 encoded Interledger STREAM receipt that the browser received